Monday, February 11, 2013

Song: Lord, Make Me New

Another song. Thinking of the Apostle Paul's weary question: Why do I always do the things I don't want to do? A little later he writes, "Who will rescue me from this body?" (Romans 7:15-24) Also probably channeling a little B.W. Stevenson.


LYRICS:

Lord, make me new.
Let me be just like a son to you.
'Cause when I'm sad and lonely
you come rescue me again and once again
I'm asking won't you change me through and through.

Lord, I've been used.
I wrote myself a fiction for the truth.
But when I'm sick in mind and heart
you rescue me again and once again
I'm asking won't you change me through and through.

Lord, change me, Lord make me new.
Can you hear me calling on you?
Lord change me, Lord make me new.
I'm done with doing what I do.

Stick with me and I'll surely stick with you.

1 comment: